Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
2008 WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR!


The year 2008 started out with a Wedding. Stacie and Frank were married on Feb 1, 2008. What a symbolic wedding and Stacie was a beautiful winter bride, with snow and all. Greg, Scott and Amanda stood up in the wedding party. Greg and Will came in for the occasion and it was great having them with me for a week. Lori, Pat and Arika were also here, along with mom and dad. We had one hell of a reunion.
In May Stacie, Frank, Amanda, Scott, mom, dad and I went to Primm NV to visit Greg and Will. At that time Greg worked as a supervisor in security for the Terribles Casinos. We all spent Mother Day together, 1st time that has happen in 10 years. Greg now works for the mother company as an In House Investigator, traveling all over Nevada, Utah and Arizona, where ever he is needed. Will is 5 years old and in kindergarten, I believe he thinks he is too smart for us all. And maybe he is. HA HA. I sure do miss that miniature of Greg.
In August I flew down to Florida and spent a wonderful week with mom and dad. We had a great time and I experience my 1st hurricane. Luckily it didn’t hit hard in Summerfield.
Scott is in his 3rd year as an apprentice for Local 58. He was very busy working for Shaw Electrical but has been layed-off since before x-mas.
Amanda is a very busy lady. She works 4 days a week at a Strands Salon and 2 days a week she is a Rep. for Proctor and Gamble, all over the Detroit Metro area. You might see her at a Sally’s with her Clairol products.
In September I had a bad fall at the house and have a compression fracture of a vertebra. At first I was on rest and now I am in P.T. Hopefully I will return to work after the holidays. Can’t say that I miss working, is this what retirement is like. Surgery is scheduled for 1-29-09.
Mom came up to MI (Sept. and Oct.) for 4 weeks for Stacie baby shower and Renee wedding shower. Since I was off I was able to spend a lot of time with her. Mom and I made a trip to Walkerton, Ontario to see Jay, Jim, Rene, Frank Marleene and David. We made the tour of the town that grandma and grandpa were born in. It was a great trip and I sure hope we can do it again. This year we have been together quit a bit and I know that it was great and she has enjoyed it also. Love ya, MOM.
Exciting news: A new addition has been added to the Pierce’s. Stacie and Frankie had a beautiful baby boy on Nov. 6th. Frank Edward Bruneel was born a 9:10 PM, 6lbs and 6oz. 19 in. long. At this writing he is 11 weeks old, sleeps through the night and has a bad case of Acid Reflux. Franke is the pride and joy of his Nana’s being. What a joy to have TWO Grandsons!
Mom and Dad came in for Christmas for 2 weeks. Christmas is never the same without them. They went home on the 31st and returned on 1-19-09 and Greg and Will came in on the 24th for Grant and Renee's wedding. The boys were only here for 4 days and wouldn't you know that the day after they left we are having a snow storm. Will was so looking forward to a good snowball fight with his uncles and dad. Amanda and David took Will sledding on Sunday and David broke his hand. Kids will be kids, "David".


Love to all,
Debbie

1 comment: